Monday, May 13, 2013

Huffington Post Comments Commentary Item 1001: 'Great Gatsby' Box Office Bested By 'Iron Man 3'

In this new section, I will be posting my replies to comments made at the Huffington Post.


babby201 said:

How many remakes does this make now ?
there was a version early on, even before Robert Redford.
How about actually reading the book ,its free at your local library .

In reply to: babby201

You can't really remake a book into a movie, nor can you remake a movie that is based on a book when you are basing your movie on the original text. What you are doing is adapting the text into film form.

I've read the book twice and I have seen the Robert Redford version, which is rather poor, but many people don't have time to read every book that comes down the pike. I am a literate man but a slow reader so I have to pick and choose. Take 'Anna Karenina'. What I will do is view the film to acquaint myself with the characters and plot and then check wikipedia or sparknotes to see if there have been any major plot points changed from the original text. I did the same with 'Les Miserables' and was able to have a very intelligent conversation about it afterward with friends who were quite familiar with the original text.
 
 

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs