Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Kurt Weller at the Pub at the End of the Universe! Tonight

Mr. Weller will be appearing live at the Pub at the End of the Universe Annual Songwriting Contest, This year's theme is 'Police Brutality'. Mr. Weller will be performing his new song 'Please (Taze Me)'.

Kurt has been hard at work all weekend creating a melodic line...

Pairing the line with medium tempo House beats...

Writing, editing, re-writing and re-editing lyrics into Hit material...

Rehearsing, rehearsing and rehearsing until, as Greg Lester told him, 'You'll never want to hear that song again'...


Please (Taze Me)

Put your Jack Boot
Up my Jack Ass
You know I've got it coming

Slap your Night Stick
Across my white ass
I should have seen it coming

Two shots to the chest
and one to the head
if I get back up
repeat the process again

Don't Taze me bro
you won't hear me say
the time for whining
was yesterday

Please Taze me Dad
is what I said
I finally got it through
my foolish head
finally got it through
my foolish head

Rip the picket sign
from my pansy hand
All I'm doin's
whinin'

Knock me down
to the cold hard ground
I'll only start
crying

Two shots to the chest
and one to the head
if I get back up
repeat the process again

Don't Taze me bro
you won't hear me say
the time for whining
was yesterday

Please Taze me Dad
is what I said
I finally got it through
my foolish head
finally got it through
my foolish head

Please taze me
please taze me
please taze me
please taze me
Dad...

(c) 2009 Kurt Weller

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs