Saturday, September 27, 2008

The dream image of an erupting volcano...

The dream image of an erupting volcano...

Last evening I dreamed that I woke up to see much of the cityscape outside of my window being lit bright orange by an erupting volcano. I woke up my wife in an attempt to show her the volcano. She could not see it. I looked out the window at the skyline and it was completely normal. I lay back down in bed but could not get the image of the erupting volcano from my mind. When I turned on the television I realized where I had seen the erupting volcano: from an eleventh season episode of Seinfeld in which a volcano had erupted. I captured a number of screenshots from the program but could not isolate any images of the volcano without Michael Richards creating his hi-jinks in front of it. My wife told me that I had grown so used to Michael Richards' visage due to my obesessive Seinfeld viewing that I had in effect quit seeing him. My mind must have focused only on the volcano and perceived it as a true event occuring outside of our window.

And the screen capture from Seinfeld episode 214: The Volcano.

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs