Sunday, July 06, 2008

Wanted! More Comments Like This One from Anonymous:

I actually got chills when I received this email, since I had been thinking a great deal about Etidorpha as of late, especially as an inspiration for the Culpanaut project:

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "Etidorhpa":

I have found, seen and explored the cave entrance in Kentucky and have found the following inscription on the left hand passage wall:

Atrophied,
Or a depth I dare to hide

Notice that the first 27 letters of the inscription can be divided into three segments of 9 letters each - and each 9 letter segment can be re-arranged to spell "Etidorhpa"

Further in the passage my friend found "D.E." carved deeply into the rock. These letters were the last two letters of the inscription at the entrance. Beneath the inscription was an arrow pointing to the right. Following the arrow about 20 paces we discovered another inscription, written in chalk, that read:

It had rope. I paid her to leave.

The "leave" was in larger style and heavier chalk strokes. Oddly enough, if you remove "leave" from the inscription, and break the letters into two halves, the nine remaining letters in each half can be re-arranged to each spell "Etidorhpa".

Further along the passage was indeed a rope, but cut into two pieces and unattached to anything visible. Above the rope was a drawing of what looked like trees and above the trees a huge cylindrical object. Above the object was the inscription:

The Air Pod

It looked much like an alien object. Oddly enough, you can re-arrange the nine letters of the inscription to form "Etidorhpa". Looking closer at the drawing of the trees there appeared to be a sort of pathway winding through the trees leading to just below the alien object. An arrow pointed to the path and next to the arrow were the written words:

The Path I rode

Strangely, if you remove the "the" from the above, the remaining 9 letters can be re-arranged to spell "Etidorhpa".

I became nervous and would not go on. My partner continued. I have never seen him again.



---------------------

I also want to thank the folks who continue to send me their stories of Sleep Paralysis, the project is almost complete...

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs