Tuesday, June 24, 2008

This is the Human Biennial

Thank you for two wonderful years!

I started the Plaza of the Mind two years ago today. Looking back at the one year mark I see that I failed to finish a few of the projects that I was quite sure I would have in the last twelve months. However, my pride in the items that were completed more than make up for those failings.

I would like to thank Tesco Vee, Vanessa Daou, Dave Newfeld, Don Joyce and David Blair for participating in my Plaza of the Mind Interview Series. There are still a couple of interviews to come, including my long neglected piece with Stefene Russell, so stay tuned.

I would also like to thank all who have responded to my Stories of Sleep Paralysis series. I know I have not published all of the stories I have received and that is due to the fact that I am planning a larger scale project surrounding them. Fear not! Your stories will be shared. I have found them to be quite intriguing and I am sure that visitors to the Mind Plaza will find them to be equally so.

I would also like to thank TowerofBabel for their generous donation of a Wacom tablet to the Plaza. I feel that it has brought me several steps closer to that Man-Machine interface that we have all dreamed of. [And you were right - it is pronounced 'Weigh-com'].


And, according to GoogleAnalytics, the most viewed post here at the Plaza is my controversial Jukt Micronics piece concerning Mr. Stephen Glass. So Steven, if you're out there please drop me a line so we can have a conversation before I pull a Jukt Micronics myself.

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs