Friday, March 07, 2008

New Deriva_K [Non] Release!


Audiologist K over at the Deriva_K Laboratory sent me a box of 3.5 inch floppy disks in the mail today. On each disk was one section of the new Deriva_K remix 'What's It Like...[Chopped & Screwed]' that needed painstaking assembly*. When I was finally finished and was actually able to hear the song I was blown away.

I have always loved the original version of the Barnes & Barnes classic, but somehow the Chopped & Screwed treatment somehow releases the menace that has always been just below the surface.

Unfortunately I cannot offer this latest song for your listening pleasure [hence the [Non] in front of 'release' above] if I want to continue my arrangement with Audiologist K.

Audiologist K has stated that the need to actually hear the song is unnecessary as long as my reader's know that the piece exists.

I hope he/she is correct.



*I won't bore you with the details but suffice it to say that Audiologist_K doesn't use any software written after 1998 so I had to use a plethora of old programs that I had saved just in case of such emergency.

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs