Monday, January 07, 2008

Penultimate Woodland Journey Through Space and Time

I used to spend more time in the woods but when I did I was in the place that I had grown up and so the woods seemed more of a natural extension of my personality.

Now I am someplace else and the woods are foreign to me.

They feel quite ancient and they seem to be covering up something that happened a long time ago. Something quite big, something bigger than anything I have seen up until now, even in the history books, something unreal.

A state of unreality must have existed in these woods.

My native woods held a magic as well, but the feeling was one of mischief rather than the foreboding danger that I feel in the woods out here.

Something tells me that I will be spending more time in the woods soon. But it will be as a surveyor and a documenter rather than an explorer. There will be nothing to explore as exploration suggests a lack of knowledge.

This will transcend that.

I will walk into the woods as though I own them.

And I will own them as much as I own my central nervous system.

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs