Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Plaza of the Mind is Looking for a Spiritual Medium to help with Potential Interview!

I have been enjoying the eponymous BB Gabor self-titled LP. It is a perfect mix of pop and rock with one of the most soothing voices I have ever heard.

I am almost convinced that during one of my youthful forays into
London Ontario I had heard Gabor's song Metropolitan Life. For those unfamiliar with the amazing Canadian Pop Singer here is a brief introduction:

B. B. Gabor was the stage name of Gabor Hegedus (1948-1990), a Hungarian-born Canadianpop singer. Generally classified as a one-hit wonder, Gabor is best known for his 1980 single "Soviet Jewellery (Nyet, Nyet Soviet)", although he had two other minor hits with "Metropolitan Life", "Consumer" and "Jealous Girls".

Hegedus fled with his parents to England in 1956 after the Soviet invasion of Hungary. He subsequently moved to Canada at age 23, launching his musical career in Toronto's Queen Street West scene.

On January 17, 1990, Gabor's body was found by police at his Toronto apartment. His death was ruled a suicide.

[from wikipedia]

I have been experiencing an intense melancholy whenever I listen to his record [and I have been listening to it exclusively for the past few days]. I would like to put out the offer that any amateur spirit mediums who wish to exercise their fledgling talents can feel free to contact the Plaza of the Mind to help me communicate with this extremely talented man. I sincerely want to contact him from the greatest of all the Outer Channels.

Please
contact me at Youngweller@gmail.com!


Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs