Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Paul's Case

Willa Cather had something with this story.

Paul steals some money and runs off to the big city to enjoy the arts until he is discovered and he then kills himself.

I used to be a janitor at a large auditorium at the college. I would stand on the stage and look out at all of the seats and imagine putting on some sort of show.

I had seen a girl perform with her cello on that stage a few years earlier.

There is something to be said for the romance of the talentless Paul, who only wants to surround himself with sensitive artisans, running away from his father though he knows there is no way he will be able to maintain this lifestyle.


That sort of describes University - without the suicide of course, but basically hopeless, romantic and unable to sustain itself.


I feel as though I am peering out of my eyes from deep within a snowy cave.

I interact and everything the same as usual but I think that if anyone were to look carefully they would see that something strange has developed.

More on this later.

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs