Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Graphic Corner


Non-Paid Endorsement by Kurt Weller for the Gimp

Anyone who knows me knows that for the past eight years I have been looking for an Open Source alternative to Adobe Photoshop. For me Photoshop has been an excellent tool but to stay caught up with all of its different versions was much too cost-prohibitive.


Well, I'm here to tell you that I have found the solution to my problem with The Gimp.
This software does it all and it does it in my favorite way -
fast and friendly! The interface is easy to learn [especially if you are familiar with Photoshop] and as far as plug-ins and other visual effects the sky is the limit!

I made the switch a couple of weeks back and have heard no complaints about the quality or precision of my images so I am confident that I can safely announce that I am a Gimp enthusiast.

Go download yourself the latest version TODAY!

[From the Gimp Site:]

GIMP is the GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed piece of software for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring. It works on many operating systems, in many languages.

This is the official GIMP web site. It contains information about downloading, installing, using, and enhancing it. This site also serves as a distribution point for the latest releases. We try to provide as much information about the GIMP community and related projects as possible. Hopefully you will find what you need here. Grab a properly chilled beverage and enjoy.

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs