Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Pointer Sisters


When I was in eighth grade I was a huge Pointer Sisters fan. I really liked the song Jump and the video with the athletes jumping in various sporting events that required jumping.

I also liked the video for I'm so Excited because it featured June Pointer taking a provocative bubble bath.

The synth pop backing of the songs still proves to be quite intoxicating.

There is a melancholy in those chords and those sounds.

The synth sounds are genetically mapped in my cell structure [probably in the remnants of Body #2]


I believe that those synth sounds may appear at the end of time - at that place where the space and time end at this pinnacle that overlooks this huge swirling universe of color and matter. Not the black space of the comic strips but a white background with swirling paint strokes of black and deeper black and thick browns and the sky looks like seltzer water.

That is the end of time that those chords and sounds show me when I close my eyes and listen to the Pointer Sisters.

The pinnacle cliff at the End of Time with Chords and Synth Voices from I'm So Excited populating the void.

Apparently Oil and Marker on Board.

Kurt Weller
2007

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs