Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Top 100 Songs of All Time - Mari Iijima 'Angel Paint'

Top 100 Songs of All Time - Mari Iijima 'Angel's Paint' [TENSHI NO E NO GU ]



Angel's Paint is one of many versions of this song title that I have heard. It is also referred to as Angel's Drawing Tools, but I think that Angel's Paint sounds better.
This is actually one of my TOP FIVE favorite songs of all time and it should be on everyone else's list as well. I AM NOT KIDDING. I feel that this song captures the essence of an entire era, the melancholy, innocence and happiness that defined my adolescence. I believe the song was recorded in 1983 and this video appears to have been shot from around that same time.

I have decided to include this video due to the fact that Ms. Iijima's songs are more difficult to obtain than the others in my Top 100 list and want all of my readers to know what the big hubbub is. Go ahead and like the Aerosmith song says 'Just Push Play'.

I would also like to thank Filsmeeds of Stockholm for sharing this video with the world and recommend that anyone enjoying this song check out the rest of what he/she has to offer.

Also, here are the Romanji lyrics for anyone who wants to sing along:

[Thanks to Anime Lyrics Search]

Angel's Drawing Tools

Arranger = Shimizu Nobuyuki
Lyricist / Composer / Singer = Iijima Mari

Tasogare utsusu madobe e to maioriru
Kirameku soyokaze suikonde
Sora wo miru toki

Kanashii dekigoto ga buruu ni someta kokoro mo
Tenshi no e no gu de nurikaeru
Omoi no mama ni

Deatta koro wa sora ni sae akogareta
Watashi wo itsu demo mamotte 'ta
Ai ni kizukazu

Sukoshi no ma dake anata ni sayonara shitara
I Love You
Kono kimochi wa namida ni kawaru deshou ka

Hitomi wo soraseba subete ga hanarete shimau
Itsu ka wa eien no hikari watashi wo izanau

Kanashii dekigoto ga buruu ni someta kokoro mo
Tenshi no e no gu de nurikaeru
Omoi no mama ni




...

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs