Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Plaza of the Mind Interview with Melinda Smith [Part Three]

I regret to inform you that Melinda Smith has decided not to finish up her interview with the Plaza of the Mind. Melinda seemed to become upset during the second phase of the interview process and has now stated that she will not answer any more questions and will not send out any copies of her 'zine to the Plaza.

I find this quite regretful. I understand Melinda's desire not to finish up the interview and I do not hold it against her. I only want my readers to know that in all sincerity I was not 'messing with Melinda' during the interview process. I have nothing but the utmost respect for her and her video channel [which is infinitely more popular than the Plaza].

I only asked her questions concerning the Bob Dobbs controversy because that was what led her to my site to begin with. On Alt.Slack the Reverend Ivan Stang wrote:

That Plaza of the Mind guy seems to be more enamored of you than Dean now!

I find it regretful that my sincere interest in a fellow video artist has ended up in upset and misunderstanding and that it is being fostered by people outside of the issue as well. My only wish is that the Plaza of the Mind is a place to relax.

Out of respect for Melinda I will cease contact with her and will not publish the interview that I began transcription of. I think that a quote published last summer on this site sums up everything that I care to say about this:

'Always give your best, never get discouraged, never be petty; always remember, others may hate you, but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them, and then you destroy yourself.'

Richard M. Nixon

The Plaza is meant to be a relaxing haven and it will be as long as I am in control.

-Kurt Weller

...

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs