Sunday, February 18, 2007

It's Snowshuffle Season

At my high school the Sadie Hawkins dance was called Snow Shuffle. Whether this was a result of some sort of Anti-Al Capp sentiment I am unsure but we all went to Snow Shuffle while everyone else went to Sadie Hawkins.

As you know, the girl must ask the boy whether he wants to go to the dance. I had to ask another girl to ask the girl I wanted to ask me to ask me. I really wanted to go with the girl that I had ask the other girl but she had told me we were just friends. I ended up going to the Snowshuffle dance. The night of the dance my date's father was in the hospital so we went to visit him before the festivities began. He had tubes in his nose and was hooked up to an EKG but he was making the most of it and gave us a big smile and told us to 'have fun'.

This sort of thing is quite common for me. Nothing ever goes smoothly, like it would have for Sinatra, there's always something strange or grotesque that happens to accent an otherwise romantic or festive event.

I was quite a strapping and thin young man [as pictured above] - but I never worked it to my advantage. So nothing romantic happened before, during or after the Snowshuffle. Not like it could have before, what with the hospital and everything.

Later on my date came out of the closet over a cup of coffee. We remained friends for awhile but then lost touch when I moved away from town.

The picture above is actually from the Prom, which occured a few months after snowshuffle. That sucked too: same date, same amount of action, etc. But at least I went and at least she went too!

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs