Thursday, February 08, 2007

Controversy at the Plaza of the Mind!


Much to my surprise there has been a great deal of controversy here at the Plaza of the Mind today! Readers may have noticed that in the previous post entitled Coming Soon! Plaza of the Mind's Interview with Bob Dobbs!, I was asked by the Reverend Ivan Stang, the co-founder of the Church of the SubGenius, to remove the image of his trademarked character J.R. 'Bob' Dobbs from this journal. I removed the image as soon as I could and sent Mr. Stang the following message:

I have removed the image of Bob from my site per your request. I have always been a huge fan of your Church of the SubGenius [though I never paid my dollar] and in no way meant to cause you any disrespect. I am especially fond of your Arise! video tape.

As for my interview with Mr. Dobbs [not to be confused with the Church of the SubGenius trademarked icon J.R. 'Bob' Dobbs] I plan on publishing it as planned and am hoping that I might be able to conduct an interview with the Reverend Ivan Stang as well. In his comment on my previous post, Ouroboros Rex stated that 'If you'd be interested in presenting both sides of this story, I'm certain something could be arranged.' {bold and italics by this author}

I sure hope that that is the case!

Also, I was sent the following Wikipedia link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Bob_Dobbs

All of my readers are invited to check it out in hopes of making this controversy as short-lived as possible.


Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs