Monday, January 08, 2007

A Note to Clifford Irving and a Response


Quoting Kurt Weller:

Dear Mr. Irving,

My name is Kurt Weller and I have been fascinated by your ongoing adventures since seeing the Orson Welles film. I've read your biography of Elmyr and the book Hoax.

I self publish an electronic journal, a sort of avant garde one man
think-tank which is at times humorous, sometimes dramatic, always sincere.

I was hoping I could do a short piece for the journal concerning you and
your works. If you would be willing to engage in an email interview I would be thrilled.

If that is a possiblity and if you have the time for such things please let me know.

Mr. Irving wrote [Bold and Italics provided by Plaza of the Mind]:

You caught me at a bad time.

I'm off for the jungles of Mexico in three days.

No time for interviews. Good luck.

C I

The following is a dramatic enactment of this email correspondence created exclusively for Plaza of the Mind. Enjoy!


Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs