Saturday, January 13, 2007

Excerpt from my activity at FiveBodied: Tell Us Devo


Post subject: Tell Us Devo Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post

I once emailed the 'Tell Us Devo' online newsletter and asked if Mr. Casale had any info behind the 'Ivan Stang - Bob Dobbs' feud since Devo had been colleagues of the Dallas Church of the Subgenius. I had been reading about this feud, and was alarmed at many derogatory stabs at Mr. Dobbs, online [this was c.2000] My question never appeared on the official 'Tell Us Devo' site, but I did recieve an email response some time later [I regret to report that it was lost in a private computer disaster] from whomever was running the 'Tell Us Devo' newsletter. The author said that [and I paraphrase from memory] 'the entire debacle is an orchestration carried on by both parties'. I want to know if this is a fair assesment of what had happened. Mr. Dobbs attempted to explain on the Nardwar show the origin of the church of the subgenius as cargo cult - which seems entirely accurate to me, but it seemed as though Mr. Nardwar did not take Dobbs all that seriously [I am not familiar with Nardwar's audio stylings so I am not sure if this is 'just his way] or if he was making fun at Mr. Dobbs expense. If anyone has any insight at all into this I would love to hear it.

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs