Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Everywhere I go - People want to Know - Who I am - So I tell them


Everyone I meet asks me what makes me tick. 'What does a guy like Kurt Weller like to do with his free time?' they ask me. I'm not one to promote the existence of the outer channels with the vehemence of many of the others I encounter in the electronic environement, but I feel that the new group I have just joined needs to be shared with my audience.

For the last several years I have been a huge aficienado of the works of Mr. Bob Dobbs. Dobbs is a Canadian media ecologist and Mcluhanite and has been operating just below the cultural radar on radio and the World Wide Web for the past twenty years. Before that Dobbs was part of the moneyed elite and behind some well known assasinations and smear jobs. Dobbs had a change of heart and decided to bring his media ecology on the road with compact discs and radio broadcasts. The following online community is dedicated to a discussion of Dobbs. It is also a wonderful resource for copies of the original radio shows and other audio rarities. I think that any fan of the Plaza of the Mind would be well served to check this man out!

By the way, if you do venture on over and get lost, you can look for me under the handle 'Guestron', maybe we could explore together.

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs