Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Excerpt From New Image

I have been quite intrigued by the most recent events in virtuoso guitarist Edward Van Halen's saga as of late. Greg Lester heard the recent radio broadcast in which Mr. Van Halen claims to have beaten cancer with the help of a Doctor in a foreign country. When asked what the treatment was, Mr. Van Halen stated 'I cannot tell you because I do not want to go to jail.'

This seemingly sinister statement brings several images to mind, most of them reminiscent of the Rock and Roll Fable style of late seventies storytelling, exemplified by novels such as Fred Mustard Stewart's Mephisto Waltz and films such as Rock and Rule and the graphic storytelling medium popularized in Heavy Metal magazine by Angus McKie.

This inspired me to create a new image marrying this sinister statement, the performer and the inherent occultism that the statement created. However, some aspects of said image may be considered objectionable to some of my audience so I will make it available only upon request, and only to those whom I know to be connoisseurs of the less accessable.

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs