Tuesday, October 03, 2006

A Copy Of An Electronic Letter To Ed Sterling, proprietor of the Girders and Panels Museum

Hello Ed Sterling,

I was born in 1971 and on a trip to Chicago my mother and father bought me one of the [I suspect] General Mills series of sets from the toy department at Marshall Fields. the memory is quite vague but when I think of my favorite toy it has to be that set. It had blue girders and blue plastic panels. it looked much like the image of Set Number 72000, though I do not remember the box art. Do you have any of these editions for sale, or perhaps any more images of box art from that era?


I really appreciate your site, I had no idea what the sets were even called until an acquaintance clued me in to the name Girders and Panels. I was quite young and was beginning to think it had all been a figment of my imagination for the set had vanished mysteriously shortly before my teenage years began.

Thanks

Kurt

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs