Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Top 100 Songs of All Time - Poison

Poison. I don't want to break these chains...


I want to hurt you just to hear you calling my name...

Alice Cooper, Poison, 1989.

The opening guitar loop is lyrical and mezmerizing. Alice's vocals at the beginning invite you into a world of confusion and heartache. I would consider this one of the great stalker songs of all time, comparable with Queensryche's Gonna Get Close To You and Sarah McLachlan's Possession.

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs