Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Message Left For My Friend w/ Large Head And Many Apologies To His Wife

I had been looking for an excuse to terminate my correspondence with a friend who I had had a falling out with. This was in the mid nineties when I had a difficult time being assertive. I concocted a plot, based loosely on the fact that I had started seeing a girl from Idaho. I decided that I would tell this friend that I had been unable to see him because I had joined an offshoot group of the Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. I had met a few LDS members while working at a hotel and was fascinated by their faith. Taking creative liberties, I created my own offshoot faith of their religion entitled the 'Sons of Urim', named after one of Joseph Smith's seer stones. I had written the above 'script' to read onto his answering machine because I planned to call when I knew he would be at work. The above page was done recently, marrying the original script from 1997 with a new style of comic that I have been experimenting with.

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs