Sunday, July 30, 2006

Information Society On July 29th 2006


I've enjoyed Information Society since my teenage years. One of the premiere bands of that era, marrying pop and the harder beats and rhythms of the industrial music that propelled me through those trying times. So I found myself fifteen years later, seeing them tour for the first time in almost as long...

'Baby just wants to move her body...'

'I remember how it used to be... The world was not a match for you or me... No matter what we used to say...'

James Cassidy hovers over Kacz, projecting his rhythms unto the crowd...

'You drive me crazy when you do the robot and I, I, I like the way you move...'

'I know what you know, I feel what you feel...'

'I'm not exactly in the mood for Mozart and all that kind of goings on...'

'I had a VHS for her to slot and now I never want to go...'

'All of this has happened before and it will all happen again...'


I've felt run down as of late, reminescent of when I had mononucleosis. I feel myself slipping into these sort of zoned out trance states while people speak to me. At the show I felt myself zoning into the beats in an almost hypnotic manner. I couldn't take my eyes off of the performers. It all felt so familiar, as if I had been here before. As if I have been asleep for many years and I will not wake up any time soon...


Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs