Friday, July 14, 2006

Author's Note On The Use Of The Word 'Creep' In Previous Entry 'Unfurling With The Creeps At The OCF'

After speaking with my colleague Greg, it came to my attention that the word creep may be taken as an insult when used in the previous post entitled 'Unfurling With The Creeps At The OCF'.

I would like to ensure my readers that this is most definitely not the case. I am using the word creep as popularized in the nineteen fifties by the actor Tony Dow on the television comedy Leave It To Beaver.

From my understanding, the word creep was used more as a term of endearment by Wally and his friends Eddie and Lumpy. Such as the modern use of words like manque, duder, slacker, wheez, freakazoid, polack or veteran.

It is in this same spirit that I use the word myself. If anyone was offended let me take this time to offer my sincere apologies.

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs