Monday, June 26, 2006

Pana-Wave's Earth Relief Project


I have been quite captivated by the Pana-Wave Laboratory since hearing about them in 2003 when their leader, Yuko Chino, was being transported by white-draped caravan from one remote village to another in the Gifu Prefecture, in attempt to save her from microwave attacks from Russian terrorists. This activity coincided with Tama-chan's, an albino seal, appearance in the Tama river; the Pana-Wave believed this to be an omen of an upcoming doomsday.


After the doomsday never occurred interest in Pana-Wave dwindled. Articles stopped being written, the Laboratory seemed to have relocated in the Fukui mountains and all was forgotten. This, for me, a non-Japanese speaking person, was bad news. Without any more sensationalism the non-Japanese world soon lost interest in the Pana-Wave Laboratory. I, however, did not.

I began a search and soon found that the group's founder, Yuko Chino, had written several books in English. I was able to track down two of them. I am currently working on an analysis of the books that will be shared here when completed.

I have attempted to contact the Pana-Wave laboratory, but fear that my lack of Japanese language skills may prove a most impenetrable block, for I have not yet received a reply. On the Pana-Wave sight, an English page has been provided detailing the Earth Relief Project, an occurrence that fills me with a great deal of hope and excitement. After having read this treatise, I feel as though I must redouble my efforts at contacting this most fascinating laboratory.

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs