Tuesday, June 27, 2006

The Oregon Trail Branch Of The American Red Cross

Today I attended an instructional First Aid seminar, a task I need to repeat once every three years. I was tired during the class but was able to take away a number of skills from it. But as usual, I seemed to enjoy the interior of the Red Cross building in an aesthetic sense much more than in a practical one. The interior reflects an aesthetic that is surprisingly absent from the exterior of the facility. The classrooms and administration rooms are located on two floors and surround a large atrium with lounge seating, a cafeteria and a coffee cart in the midst of planted trees and broad sky lights. As is often the case, I found myself wishing that I had more of a reason to be waiting in this facility. The break-time only lasted ten minutes and when the class was over I needed to rush back home to take care of other obligations.

When I finally did make it home I saw a special on television concerning Chicago mayor Richard Daley's efforts to make his city a green one:

Gray To Green
Episode: #104, 26 minutes
In this episode, Mayor Richard Daley take viewers on a tour through Chicago and showcases his mission to make it "the greenest city in America," even turning City Hall into a green-roofed structure.

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs