Saturday, June 24, 2006

The Exorcism

Last night I had the pleasure of assisting Bob Larson with an exorcism at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Portland.


I have been a fan of Mr. Larson's work for the past five or six years, having first heard about him through the radio-based works of Boyd Rice.

It was quite thrilling to be standing so close to a living, albeit rather obscure, legend, and I found myself drinking in every detail of this exorcists physical appearance: The intensity of his eyes, the wisps of blonde hair on the back of his neck and the impeccable cut of his suit. Mr. Larson had the clean look of the well-kempt, the neatness that comes with sending out one's clothes and frequent spa visits.

The night before I had just seen the film 'An American Haunting' and found it rather strange to find myself witness to a similar situation, this time in the flesh, and yet no less theatrical.

During the proceedings I continually attempted to keep myself in the center of the camera eye of Mr. Larson's videographer, and at the crescendo of the exorcism Mr. Larson actually waved me away from the line of the camera, so that he and Lorenzio, the man possessed, could have their happiness and relief documented in digital unencumbered by any distraction.

My friend Kacz took some pictures of the proceedings and I would like to thank him for providing me with proof of my participation in the nights events.

Twitter

What People Are Saying About the Plaza of the Mind



...[Plaza of the Mind] impressed me in its magnificent weirdness...this sorta je ne sais quoi that you find in interesting art... ...I mean that purely as a compliment!

Stefene Russell

Plaza of the Mind is a clinamen away from the holeopathic replay by the Android Meme of the old perceptual agon of electrically-programmed youth confronting the Gutenbergian Establishment. Irresistible Force meets Immovable Object.

Bob Dobbs